- Cut 4 – 2” x 5 ½” rectangles of fabric
- Cut 2 – 4” x 5 ½” mesh
- Mark a 1” line from top and bottom of 2 pieces of mesh.
– Use a chalk marker with a rolling wheel.
- Place fabric face down along chalk line.
- Stitch using the edge of the #52 teflon foot along the edge of the fabric.
- Flip up and press.
- Repeat with bottom strip.
- Repeat with other side of bag.
- Top Stitch along inside edges using inside of toe as a guide. Repeat with other side
- Flip over and top stitch along outside edges from the back to tack down fabric.
- Trim fabric even with mesh.
- Cut a 1 ¼” x 18”strip from rest of your fabric.
- Insert face down into a Clover ½” bias maker .
- Use stiletto to push fabric through.
- Iron as you pull the bias maker.
- Press in half.
- Unzip zipper a little ways.
- Place zipper edges together and stitch across.
- Cut off edges of zipper about 1/8” from seam
- Encase raw edge of zipper in fabric strip.
- Top stitch in place.
- Move needle to the left.
- Place zipper face down, edges even on right side of bag.
– Center zipper between side edges.
- Use guide on #54 teflon zipper foot along zipper teeth. Stitch.
– It is helpful halfway to lift up the presser foot and move the zipper pull out of the way.
- Repeat for other side.
- Press zipper open on back. Good Luck!
- Top stitch zipper seam towards bag.
– Again unzip or zip the pull out of your way as needed.
- UNZIP Zipper!
- Place right sides together and stitch all around.
- Trim corners well!
- Encase raw edges in bias fabric strips.
- Top stitch each side in place separately.
- Trim corners close.